Tuesday, August 3, 2010
We hope that everyone had a great summer and as the new fall semester starts we would like to take the opportunity to welcome the incoming students as well as announce the upcoming elections for Drishti, The Indian Students Association @UAkron.The date for the elections for the incoming committee of the Indian Students Association will announce shortly. At this time we would like invite nominations for the following posts:-
2. Vice President
5. Public Relations Officer
6. Sports Secretary
7. Web Admin
Nominations can be sent in via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:-
2. Program of Study
3. Number of Academic semesters spent at the University of Akron
4. Number of Academic semesters remaining at the University of Akron(approximate)
7. Contact Number.
8. A short description about yourself and how you would contribute to the ISA committee (to be posted on website)
9. Link to gozips website (For post of Web Admin only)
All nominations should be seconded via e-mail. A person can not second his or her own nomination. Seconders can not be members of the present ISA committee. The seconder should send in the following information via e-mail:-
2. Program of Study
5. Contact Number.
The deadline for receiving nominations and the seconding of nominations, with complete information as stated above, is 5 PM on Thursday the 12th of August. .
The eligibility criteria for the above posts are as follows:-
I. For the post of the President:-
1. The person should have spent at least one complete academic year at the University of Akron prior to Fall 2010 (i.e. enrolled from Fall 2009)
2. The person should be a full time student at the University of Akron for at least one complete academic year beginning Fall 2010
II. For the post of Vice president,
1. The person should be a student at the University of Akron for at least one complete semster beginning Fall 2010 (i.e. enrolled from Spring 2010)
3. It is recommended but not required that the person should be a student at the University of Akron for at least two complete academic year beginning Fall 2009
III. For the remaining posts :-
1. The person should be a student at the University of Akron for at least one complete semester beginning Fall 2010 (i.e. enrolled from Spring 2010)
In addition to the above requirements (see section III ) for the post of Web Admin the minimum requirement is the knowledge of HTML. The candidate is to provide a link to a page designed with his/her information on the page and should be posted on the his/her gozips space
We encourage candidates to send a brief synopsis of what executive/team experience they already have and what plans they have for ISA in the coming year, if elected.These will be put up on the blog (www.isa-drishti.blogspot.com) as soon as we receive nominations that have been seconded and deemed eligible.
Every member of the ISA can send in questions in the form of comments and the candidates can reply via comments. All comments will be moderated for language and form.
Any candidate engaging in spamming, and/or campaigning/canvassing on public forums(e.g. yahoo groups) and/or social networking sites(e.g. orkut,facebook) will have their candidacy disqualified, without exception. All discussion and comments should be civil and directed to the ISA blog via comments which will be moderated, as stated previously.
Since this e-mail list is not comprehensive, we encourage you to inform friends via word of mouth.
Keep checking www.isa-drishti.blogspot.com , which will be dynamically updated, for information on candidates and discussion on the issues.
Outgoing ISA committee '09-'10